Migraines and headaches have different causes including dilation of the blood vessels, muscle spasms in the scalp, irritation or inflammation of the membranes that cover the brain, irritation or tension of the sensory nerves, or increased pressure in the fluid that surrounds the brain and spinal cord.
Dr. Elder can help by relieving the stress on the roots of the nerves that send pain signals. Trauma, anxiety, stress and tension constrict the muscles, pulling your spinal cord out of alignment and putting pressure on the nerves. Although chiropractic can relieve the pain, only you can relieve the cause of the stress.
- Having two or more headaches per week
- Headaches occur on the same side of the head
- Headaches always occur at the same time of day
- Waking up with a headache
- Pain that lasts for several hours or even days
- Other family members also suffer from headaches
- Neck muscles contract when a headache occurs
- Pulsating pain when you have a headache
- Watery eyes when you have a headache
- For women, the onset of headaches before, during or after your cycle