Bursitis commonly occurs in the shoulder, elbow or knees and is a result of inflammation of the fluids in those areas of the body. It is usually caused by repetitive movements.
Tendonitis is when your tendons become inflamed and movement becomes painful. It is usually an overuse injury or due to physical stress.
Epicondylitis, better known as tennis elbow is the inflammation of the tendons that are attached to the elbow. Tennis elbow is also usually a result of overuse or physical stress.
Dr. Elder can treat your symptoms and eliminate the problem so you can regain the use of the afflicted region.
- Pain when moving or using your elbow
- Pain when moving or using your shoulder
- Pain appearing or returning when you resume regular activities
- Having trouble opening doors
- Unpleasant feeling in the arm when lifting
- Painful to stretch out your arm and flex your hand up and down
- Sleeping with your arms above your head or shoulder to alleviate or eliminate pain
- Taking anti-inflammatory drugs on a regular basis
- You are more likely to suffer from bursitis, tendonitis or epicondylitis if you play a sport that involves repeated and sustained movements